Had you turned right at the village green you would have travelled along Village Road past the village shop, once the Post Office and opposite is the Ring O Bells public house. Continuing on the Old Farm app ears on the right, the oldest house in Christleton and the Village Institute on the left hand side.
Community Pride Competition
Winner of the Championship Award for Best Kept Village in Cheshire 2011
Winner of the Population Class Award
Little Gem Award for the Pump House and Seating Area
There are pages dedicated to St. James’ Church with details of services, a guide to the church and details of persons who have church duties. St. James Church has a Sunday School and a youth group known as The Crew. There is a monthly printed Parish Magazine for St. James’ Church. Past issues going back over quite a few years can be downloaded. The village has a number of groups. A lot goes on in Christleton over the period of a year and these events are listed in a What’s On section.
The whole web site and can be searched. A very good place to keep up to date is the webmaster’s blog. Click on the RSS link to receive an email of new entries. Christleton has a Parish Council who meet each month. 2010 saw the setting up of group for a Christleton Community Plan. Both can be followed on the web site.
The web site is partly funded by advertisers. Please support them. You will find them in the Business Directory. I also encourage the use of the Amazon Shop on the web site. Simply by entering Amazon and making your purchases will help to fund the costs of running the site.
New Christleton DVD launched at Christleton Parish Hall
on Saturday 10th March, 2012
Available from David Cummings
FIVE CLIPS FROM THE DVD SET
Click above images for downloadable pdf files
- The Christleton Web Site is just the best place to keep up to date with village news and events
- Please support this web site by entering Amazon via the website Shop
- New History of The Old Hall Feature
- Put your advert on this web site for a whole year with a link to your web site - 22 pounds + vat
- Keep up to date with the Parish Council on the web site
- New 2 - DVD Set The Parish of Christleton. Now Available Price: £12.00
- New Monthly Wildlife Watch Pages
- Advertising space and web space available for local businesses to promote themselves
- Keep up to date with the web site by reading the Blog page
- History of The Pit - New Feature by David Cummings
- Please keep the webmaster informed of any local events for the What's On Page